Re: Color constancy

[I *really* wasn't going to do this, but then Dewey wrote:
Perhaps we could call this the Hendrix effect ;^)?
so blame it on him.]

Larry Cartwright wrote:
George Spagna wrote:
My house used to have pale beige siding. My younger daughter
always insisted that it was a white house. When confronted
with white paper as a contrast, she still insisted that the
house was white!
We solved the "house color problem" by installing new, gray
siding!

So your house has gone from a very light shade of grey to a
darker shade of grey :-)

I would have called it a "paler shade of white," a clear example
of the "Harum Procol" effect.