Re: Color

Leigh Palmer wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Palmer [mailto:palmer@SFU.CA]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:42 PM

White is any one of many discernibly different colors having that name.
To demonstrate this to an eighth grader the teacher should first equip
herself with two or three sheets of differently colored white paper.
She should then ask the student what color each paper is, presenting
them one at a time. It will then be easy to demonstrate that they
differ in color from one another.

My house used to have pale beige siding. My younger daughter always
insisted that it was a white house. When confronted with white paper as a
contrast, she still insisted that the house was white! BTW - she now drives
a white car, and we both agree that it's white!

We solved the "house color problem" by installing new, gray siding!

"More and more of our imports come from
overseas."
- George W. Bush
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
phone: (804) 752-7344 FAX (804) 752-4724
e-mail: gspagna@rmc.edu
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/