Re: Color constancy

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:41:16 -0500 Ludwik Kowalski
<KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU> writes:
Larry Smith wrote:

But you haven't made a case for it varying from person to person
(assuming they have the same chemicals in their retina).

Why would you perceive a different color than I do under identical
circumstances?

Suppose the chemistry in your retina is dramatically different
from the chemistry in my retina, when we are looking at grass.
This would not prevent us from using the same word, green,
while referring to sensations.
Ludwik Kowalski

But when I look out the window at my grass now it appears kinda yellow
brown.
However, it looked green a few months ago in the spring when I was
younger.
Does color perception change with age?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where the green leaves seem to be turning to a brown color too)