[Re: radioactivity]

My Halliday (and yours I suppose) informs: neutrons are beta emitters with a
mean life of about ten minutes.

So one has lotsa time to take measurements on the dineutron system -- I doubt
the mag. dipole binding will affect the life time much.

bc

P.s. second thought: Lotsa people do neutron diffraction - would not dineutrons
affect the results? The cross section of the reaction 2 N => N2 must be rather
small?

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Yes, Daddy. And how come we don't find some sort of a nucleus made
out of two neutrons? After all neutrons have spin, so two neutrons with
opposite spin could combine to make a nucleus. No?
Regards,
Jack
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>