Re: Photograph

I don't know about that image, but Cutnell and Johnson has some fantastic images (although I have other gripes about the text) including a good one showing a cargo plane (FedEx if I recall correctly) that was loaded too far to the back. The resulting torque caused the plane to tip up on it's tail. It HAD to be an expensive mistake.

John

marck9@IDT.NET 10/28/00 14:52 PM >>>
Howdy-

I few years ago I saw a photograph of a bucket truck -- like the kind the
electric company company uses to work on the elevated lines -- that had
fallen over because it hadn't put out its outriggers.

It was taken by the author of the book or article, and it mentioned that
the operator was really angry that the author had taken the shot.

I am going to be teaching torques soon, and I would like to show the photo
to my students, but I can't remember where I saw it. Does anyone recall
this photo and know it's source?

Thanks in advance.

---

Marc Kossover