Kenyan needs help with solar oven manufacture

This week I received a letter from Zacharia Olang, a student in his third
year at the Kisumu Polytechnic Institute in Kenya, where he is studying to
be an electrical installer. He's about 30 years old. (I provide a
scholarship for him through the African Canadian Continuing Education
Society (ACCES), about which I've posted before.)

Zacharia needs physics help! Technical advice by e-mail would serve him well.

Background information: Last spring I mailed Zacharia some web downloads on
solar ovens, along with articles by Daniel Kammen, a PhD physicist at
Princeton who works in Kenya on solar energy.

In his letter that I received this week, Zacharia wrote,
"I have started writing my first project (entrepreneurship project) and the
article you sent to me has become the centre of focus. I'm writing my
project basically on solar box cooker manufacturing which I hope will earn
me a credit and perhaps would lead to self employment. Getting formal
employment is no fun in Kenya and so it calls for an individual to be both
initiative and innovative in order to survive the harsh economic
environment we have. Life is very tough for beginners like us, because you
just have to cope with the high competition from the already established
personalities."...

Zacharia told me that he has an e-mail address. It is
olang@kisumupolytechnic.com.

So I e-mailed him yesterday. Here is his reply, and his request for help.