Re: Cause and Effect

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Leigh Palmer wrote:

That is certainly made explicit the first time relativity is taught,
at least by me. I can't recall ever noticing a misconception of the
sort you suggest among my first year students. They seem to be able
to cope with F = ma satisfactorily. The only problem I encounter is
that many of them who know how to do the problems don't seem to
believe that F = ma works in the real world. That is a much deeper
problem.

I believe the FCI has several problems that bring to light this
misconception (that a projectile accelerates in the air in part due to the
force used to send it). Am I mistaken?

I recall that misconception. Would that not still be cause preceding
effect?

Leigh