erratum: Causation +- muscles

At 01:42 AM 10/22/00 +0100, J. Peter Vajk wrote:
there is no doubt that my volitional thrust against
the floor is causative ultimately of my acceleration.

Then alas at 07:50 AM 10/25/00 -0400, I too-hastily wrote:

That statement is true!

Upon reflection, I fear that I misread JPV's statement, and that my
endorsement thereof will lead to trouble.

I would have agreed that _volition_ itself is causative of acceleration and
many other things.

I do not agree that volitional _thrust_ (or any other force) is causative
of acceleration(*). Certainly it is not the _ultimate_ cause of anything.

(*) Note: As always, I would be willing to tolerate the stretched
definition under which F causes ma _and_ vice versa ... but I don't think
that is what JPV intended here.