Re: Cause and Effect

At 11:39 AM 10/22/00 -0700, Leigh Palmer wrote:

Forget about John! Newton told you forces cause accelerations. If Newton's
second law is taken from Newton instead of from John no problem arises.

When people ask a physics question, unless otherwise specified I answer in
terms of physics as it is understood today.

I take my physics not from personalities but from observations, and from
theories that are consistent with each other and with the observations.

Of course those who cannot formulate a physical argument, or even follow
one when it is laid out for them, must find other bases for their ideas,
such as a blind fundamentalist reliance on Ancient Writings.

To be consistent, fundamentalists shouldn't stop at cause-and-effect; they
should also rely on Newton's Authoritative Writings concerning
-- History
-- Alchemy
-- The nature of the Holy Trinity
-- et cetera.

To be consistent, they should teach that the Trojan War took place in 904
BC. Fundamentalists "know" that is the true date, because Sir Isaac said
so. If they take their history from Newton, and disregard all modern
evidence, no problem arises.