Re: Cause and Effect

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Rick Tarara wrote:

Question: A block sliding across a table top comes to rest. Why?

From the Denker Model of Motion:

1) The block decelerates due to kinetic frictional forces between the block
and the table. ^^^^^^

Shouldn't the words "due to" be replaced with "and there are"?

2) The kinetic frictional force is caused by the deceleration of the block.
^^^^^^^^^

I don't think J.D. would say this, but I'm pretty sure we'll find
out.

$+)*! <-- Indecipherable emoticon