Re: Third-hand astonishing quote

Sweden is a capitalist country, but .....

Probably the finest mesh safety net in the world. Taxes very progressive. No
marriage penalty! My friend Erik told me back then that he had more
discretionary money after marrying Carla, because the deduction was so great!
Carla told me the story of the incompetent engineer - instead of firing him (and
they could), they hunted about for something else. He ended up managing (and
doing a very good job) the hotel Bofors has to house visitors. (One time when
we were picking lingon berries, I heard shooting -- some clients were trying out
their small arms.) More recently, one of their sons' wife took french leave, so
he stayed home to care for his child and the state paid him.

bc

Perhaps if corps. here weren't so mean they might do even better.