Re: CAUSATION IN PHYSICS

I don't know who first said it, and I don't even know that
I'm quoting it
correctly (please help me if you DO know), but consider:

"Mathematics describes all possible universes. Physics describes THIS
universe."

A small quibble here. When one works on a Kaluza-Klein theory with a 5
dimensional universe and another person is working on a string theory with
an eleven dimensional universe, I'd say both people are doing physics but
one or both of them is not describing this universe. I admit that they are
both likely to be trying to understand this universe, but the models are
aren't the universe and vice versa.

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu