Re: bullet holes

At 05:10 PM 10/15/00 -0400, Robert Carlson wrote:

bullet holes.... please explain the basic physics, with
forces if possible. Please consider the flesh/bullet system.

I suspect this is a highly encoded rhetorical question. That is, I suspect
the literal wording of the question has little to do with the intended
meaning of the question.

If this is indeed a rhetorical question, intended to express some point
about causation, I have missed the point. Perhaps a less-subtle version
would help.

If this is not a rhetorical question, please provide more information:

*) Most importantly, what is it you really want to know, and why?
-- The size of the holes as a function of blah and blah?
-- An explanation of why the process is irreversible?
-- ??????

*) Also, why do you think this is a basic physics question, as opposed to a
highly non-ideal non-basic biophysics question?