Re: Test Equation

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Doug Craigen wrote:

Andy Dougherty wrote:

When writing <font face="arial"> it is safer to write

No, it's actually not safer. It's potentially worse.

I guess that "safe" is in the eyes of the beholder.
[...]
On the other hand, if the intention is simply to display a sans serif
font then helvetica is probably a better second choice than whatever the
default is (usually Times) on any given computer.

I disagree. Helvetica is a *bad* choice if the end result is unreadable.
I'd rather have readable Times than unreadable Helvetica. And the
Helvetica often is, even though the original sender may have no idea that
his/her HTML editor is sticking in size commands that will render the
result unreadable on some platforms.

--
Andy Dougherty doughera@lafayette.edu
Dept. of Physics