Re: systematic error and statistical error

I completely agree with you. I forgot to care about resolution,
and I was thinking only on the problem of determining a representative
*value* of a magnitude. In this sense, something like 3.45+-0.03 I
interpret it as the confidence interval where I'd expect to find
the *real* value with a given probality (usually araound 68% if
the data can be assumed to have a gaussian distribution). And for
this to be so, 0.03 must be the standard error of the mean.

Regards,
Miguel A. Santos
msantos2etse.urv.es