From: phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 2:50 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: HTML Mail for PHYS-L: Pros/Cons

Maurice Barnhill wrote:

... Perhaps we need a test of the effectiveness of HTML
with current mailers. ...

I think it is a great idea. May I suggest that the last two
weeks of November, for example, be the "allow html"
period. Then we ask how many suffered, etc. But it would
be useful for somebody to post a tutorial on how common
mailers deal with html tags. Netscape Messenger is one of
three of four such mailers, I suppose.

Those who know nothing about the html can learn about
tags from many references; I will be glad to post the URL
for a very good (and rather short) introductory tutorial.
But first we should hear from Dan, the owner of phys-L.
Ludwik Kowalski