Re: paper on teaching calculus

I'm not quite up to finding the eprint URL to
use with Jack's pointer, but on the
topic of an infinitesimal approach to sin and
cos functions, I recall the following code:

1 S = 0
2 C = 1
3 eT = 0
4 Input F
5 Display "Frequency is ", F
6 T = 1/(2*pi*F)
7 dT = T/1000
8 S = S + C*dT
9 C = C - S*dT
10 eT = eT + dT
11 DISPLAY "Sine, Cosine, Elapsed Time ", S,C,eT
12 goto 8

This from memory - input and display are generalised commands;
alter to suit. I was surprised that rounding errors did not
quickly drift the results.
From a concrete viewpoint, this could be a sampled illustration
of two integrators in a feedback loop.

Brian