Re: The drag force -- a correction squared

Am I being particularly dense this Saturday? My free-body diagram of an
object in free fall at terminal velocity shows two force vectors; they are
air drag up and mg down. The two are equal, so air drag =mg. Have I
missed something? Or is Brian nit-picking on my use of the word
"general"?
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>