Re: Life is unfair.

Tim O'Donnell wrote:

Life is unfair.
That does not mean I have to be.
I try to be fair with grades.
I had a class where all but one were getting an A; the one was
getting a B. Nobody said anything to me.
I had another class where all were failing except one; the one was
getting a D. I was read the riot act by the principal and told that
this situation was completely unacceptable. I like my job so I
bumped up the grades.
Life is unfair.

And then there is the case of the graduate mechanics class where
everybody failed except the one fourth year student taking the class -
he got an A (this was 2 decades ago at a University I was at). The
Departmental Chair forced the professor to regrade. This happens at all
levels.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html