Re: Standards for academic physics laboratories

Glenn,

The publications Bill refers to are now available online at
http://www.psrc-online.org/curriculum/college.html

The TYC document will be replaced with the updated version when the AAPT
CPTYC completes the revision.

We also will be publishing a manual on laboratory safety by Greg Puskar in
the near future.

Warren

Warren W. Hein
Associate Executive Officer
American Association of Physics Teachers
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740-3845

Voice: 301-209-3300
Fax: 301-209-0845
E-mail: whein@aapt.org

http://www.aapt.org/

"Waggoner, Bill" <BWaggoner@METROPO.MCCNEB.EDU> 09/26 12:26 PM >>>
Glenn,

AAPT publishes guidelines for physics programs. The guidelines for TYC
programs do refer to laboratories. You might start there. They are also in
the process of revision. Contact Bill Hogan at Joliet College.
whogan@jjc.cc.il.us

I hope this helps,

Bill Waggoner
Metropolitan Community College