Re: communicating charges

Yes, it is true. The name given to what takes place is irrelevant.
What is the advantage of saying that it is a wave?
Ludwik Kowalski

David & Shimako Piazza wrote:

I need some verification or correction on my thinking about
charges and electromagnetic waves. Please comment on the veracity of
the following:

Imaging a flat coordinate plane with a positive charge at (0,0)
and a negative charge at (1,0). With this arrangement, there is a
force exerted on the negative charge by the positive charge, I'll call
F_on_neg.

If the positive charge is moved from (0,0) up to (0,1), then
F_on_neg will now point in a new direction. Of course there was some
time delay between the motion of the positive charge and the
corresponding adjustment of the direction of F_on_neg. In effect, time
was needed for a signal to be sent from the positive charge to the
negative charge to communicate the new position. This signal is an
electromagnetic wave.

Is what I have said true?

Thanks,

David Piazza