Re: still shopping for a video camera...

setting and strong lighting would give the fastest shutter speed, but
that's not such a great way to go about it.

Does anyone know of a current model that allows one to set the shutter
speed manually?

Mark

Mark:

We bought a Canon GL-1 ($200-2500 US) after reading reviews at many places
such as http://www.dvcreators.com/
It has a shutter you can set manually from 1/60s to 1/15,000s (that's
one fifteen thousandth of a sec).

We're pretty happy with the camera, a 500MHz Mac G4 and Apple's Digital
Video Pro SW, but we blew about $20k US on the system (including $$ for
students who figured out how to use it for me, 'cause I can't and don't have
th time :^). Grants are cool. The DV-RAM disks and recorders are way
cool too.

Dan M, from a seriously-out-of-control office at NAU

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner