Re: Newton's first law

Carl,

Here is a reference I find both enlightening and helpful with many of the N
laws issues that you mention.

"On the Classical Laws of Motion" by Leonard Eisenbud, Am. J. Phys., Vol.
26, 144, 1958.

A few years ago, say 1998, I did an exhaustive literature search (in
Scientific Citations) and looked up all articles that referenced this
article. Not one was critical of the approach used. I personally believe
that no one should teach Newton's laws without first having read this for
themselves.

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu
--
Dr. Carl E. Mungan, Asst. Prof. of Physics 410-293-6680 (O)
-3729 (F)