The Effect of Physics First Sequences.

Hi Everyone,

As part of my Professional Development Plan, (read teacher evaluation
stuff), for this year, I wanted to try and so some action research on
the effects of a physics first course sequence. What I had in mind was
comparing student achievement on the American Chemical Society final
examination that many chemistry teachers use as an end of course final
exam.

If you are a high school teacher and the chemistry teacher in your
building uses the ACS exam as a final, would you ask them if they would
mind providing me with raw scores and some sort of student identifier. I
am most interested in schools where a physics first sequence is being
used, but I also need the data from schools that follow a traditional
sequences as a basis for comparison.

If you are willing to assist me please email me directly at:

richmcn@earthlink.net.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

Rich McNamara, M.Ed.
Physics Teacher
Washington-Lee High School