Re: HP Graphing Calculators

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Spagna Jr., George wrote:

I seldom use a calculator any more. When I do, I have a 15+ year old Sharp
with algebraic entry. I dislike intensely the graphing calculators, based
solely on the experience that most students who come in with an expensive
calculator know sequences of keystrokes, but no math to speak of.

You're right, that I do most serious (and even casual) stuff on "real"
computers.

Normally I wouldn't have thought of posting to this thread but I couldn't
help but notice that this post reflects my own experiences - even down to
the 15+ year old Sharp calculator!

| Robert Cohen Department of Physics |
| East Stroudsburg University |
| bbq@esu.edu East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 |