Re: Cat's eyes

At 11:48 AM 9/4/00 -0400, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
... from what I know it is only a reflection from the convex surface,
like from a car in front of me, when the sun is behind us.

How do you "know" that? That's not the conventional explanation.

The lens does not seem to be involved in the formation of red eye spots
(in developed photographs).

Hmmmm. All the pink-eye examples I've seen in developed photographs
conform to the conventional through-the-lens explanation.

Highlights off the convex surface can occur also, but they wouldn't be
pink, and they wouldn't be nearly as conspicuous, especially at large
distances.