Re: Light Faster Than Light?

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Robert B Zannelli wrote:

In an article in the September issue of Scientific American there is an
article about a light pulse which appears to travel FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF
LIGHT. I have read this article several times and must admit I am not clear
about what is going on. Any help would be appreciated. Let me describe what I
do know from this article.

I remember hearing about this about a month ago. I haven't had time to
look at their article, but I did find some more info on the institute's
web page. (The researchers of this experiment works for a private
research institute). Hopefully, you will get some more info from this
place.

http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/lwan/gas.htm