Re: Moon IllusionRE: The color of snow

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
OK, so what is this famous moon illusion?

--
Cliff Parker

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think. -- Niels Bohr

I missed the first one too but I am suspecting it is the fact that at
moonrise the full moon seems huge as it sits on the horizon. My Dad always
marveled and relished showing us how when looked at through a tube ( hade
with the hands) it would again look its normal size.

PS

Cliff, after reading you note to Leigh, I would be proud to have had my
kids in your class! Bravo!

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School