Re: Sunsets

A point that has not been mentioned in any post so far. Why do I see blue
sky. After all the blue has been scattered away from my eyes. What exactly
is the scattered blue light reflecting off of so that my eye has the
opportunity to collect its wavelengths and send a blue message to my brain.

The blue light of the sky is scattered sunlight. The light travels
straight from the sun to some air molecule. When you look toward that
molecule, some of the scattered light ends up in your eyes. There's
no reflection at all, unless you consider "reflection" to include
scattering.

Dan S.