Re: How To Recruit Women to Tech and IT Classes

Dear Joel et al.,

Frankly, the notion that all one has to do to gain an
understanding
of biology, chemistry, or geology is to memorize is far from
true; and is
insulting to our colleagues in those disciplines.

I agree 100% with the above and I hope that no one took what I said to mean
that. I was simply pointing out that the reply to Herb's post singled out
sub-set of chemists; something that Herb did not do in his original post.
My comment did not indicate agreement or disagreement with what Herb said.
I too know many competent quantitative and abstract thinking folks (both
flavors) in our sister sciences, and they are not just in physical and
quantum chemistry!

Enough said on this since I basically agree with what Mark said below, I
just thought that singling out a sub-group was the wrong way to disagree
with the original statement, unless the sub-group is truly representative
of
the entire group under discussion

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu