From: Joel Rauber [mailto:Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 11:15 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: How To Recruit Women to Tech and IT Classes

Herb,

You mean to say that physical chemistry or quantum chemistry
just requires
memorization? Nonsense.

Herb at best made a comment about chemistry and biology as a whole
(actually
didn't he only mention biology). If women are N% all chemistry Ph.D's,
what
percentage are they of physical chemistry and quantum chemistry vs. other
sub-disciplines. I think one must know this before you can categorically
say that Herb's comment was nonsense. I don't know the answer about the
sub-divisions of chemistry and hesitate to speculate; something few of us,
including me, have foregone in this "discussion".

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu