Re: How To Recruit Women to Tech and IT Classes

If we don't have enough physicists, not only will we be culturally
poorer, but we won't be getting the advances in technology that we
have become used to.

Oh, I see that I have missed the point -- Society needs women physicists
because it is running out of male physicists.

Jim Green

I think you're being purposely obtuse. Society doesn't need women
physicists as such, but it needs everyone who wants to be a physicist
to have the opportunity to be one, and if we do it with some sense of
equity that means that somewhere between a third and half of them
will probably end up being women (and I *don't* mean that they become
women by becoming physicists).

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell