Re: How To Recruit Women to Tech and IT Classes

I think you've got it backwards. It's not promoting *for* any given
segment of society, it's stopping the practice of "anti-promoting"
physics for certain segments of society.

"Anti-promoting"??? I don't see any physics instructor standing in front
of her/his class and saying "Folks, physics is a lousy field to be majoring
in, try the law, or maybe engineering" Of course if a male instructor
said something like "Ladies, physics is a male field; stay away, he would
be fired and maybe sued. If a female instructor said this, that would be
ok, but I can't see a female physicist saying this to female students. I
don't know what would happen if a chemistry instructor said the likes of
this. <g>

What "anti-promoting"?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com