Re: serializing the facts

What is physics? From my perspective it is a body of
knowledge about Nature, described in current textbooks.
Most introductory textbooks are more or less identical, as
far as the "logical sequence" is concerned. This shows
an agreement among practitioners. Thus I accept the
statement about the "serial nature" of physics.

Yes, a structure of teaching and learning is not unique;
it will change again. Linearity (the serial nature) does
not mean uniqueness. I would change if the textbooks
changed. But for the time being my role is make sure
that the current sequence makes sense to me and to
my students. I am not trying to create a new sequence.
I am trying to preserve physics for future generations.
Ludwik Kowalski