Re: Derivations

Quoting Hugh Haskell:

we say that physics is no more a pile of facts than
a house is a pile of stones

John Denker wrote:

Oooh, what a nice saying. I'd never heard it put that way before.

I also like this, and the phrase before it:

They [students] need to understand that physics is a serial topic
where each level is built on the previous one and that there is a
logical thread that holds it all together.
Ludwik Kowalski