Re: universes: fictional and/or frictional

Replying to this is very hard for me. So I'll probably stick my foot
in it, but if I'm not willing to risk embarrassment to try to learn
something, I will also miss out on all the fun of trying to learn.

What if our 'universe' is just a little blob of 'stuf' thrown off from
a MUCH larger source, and indeed maybe the blob does explode? Consider
the situation of our sun when it has certain types of flares and some
these eruptions curve back into the sun. What if, even though we
perceive our universe as expanding from a 'spot', we are in the
process of moving way from this continuingly spewing source, but in
the end we will eventually curve back and return to it.

If this were true would the model be finite?

I have a harder time accepting the idea that the big bang was a one
time event with a 'vacuum' left at the source.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Lisa Gardner (age 9 11/12 yrs)