Speaker Vs. Microphone

Hello all,
I have a question concerning the invention of the microphone and, its
inverse, the speaker. AG Bell invented the telephone, which I would think
would make him the inventer of the microphone. After doing a little
research, I find that E Berliner and T Edison both invented the microphone
and that Berliner's version allowed Bell's company get out of a nasty
dispute with Edison. If Bell successfully transimitted the human voice,
wouldn't that classify as the first microphone?
Concerning the speaker, the grammophone was invented by Edison using a
cylindrical disc while Berliner invented the flat, record style grammophone.
Was the grammophone the first speaker or, was it the ear piece on Bell's
first telephone, essentially the mouth piece operated in reverse?
Thanks, as always for your knowledgeable replies.
Tom