Re: where to submit?

Hi all, and thanks Peter-
Correct URL;
http://www.hep.anl.gov/jlu/index.html
Regards,
Jack

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Peter Schoch wrote:

I tried your URL and got an error. Could you check it and re-submit? I
am VERY interested in seeing what you've done.

Peter Schoch

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Hi all-
I am writing an introductory calculus text based on the results of
A. Robinson's Non-standard Analysis, which avoids the early
introduction of the concept of limit. The chapter that introduces the
derivative of the sine and cosine functions is, I believe, novel and much
simpler than what is found in traditional textbooks. I would like to
submit a version of this chapter to an appropriate math journal. Can
anyone suggest an appropriate journal?
I do receive the J. of Math Education, but that does not seem
to carry articles of the kind I propose. I suppose that AJP might be
a possibility, since we often have to teach math along with physics.
Suggestions appreciated.
Chapters 1,2,30, the introduction and TOC are available for
viewing at:
www.hep.anl.gov/theory/jlu/index.html
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>