From: Jack Uretsky <jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV>
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Student Evaluations (was "Re: On Correlations")
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 4:44 AM

Hi all-
I think that Dick Hake is tilting with a windmill.
Student evaluation = customer satisfaction,
and that's where the money is, as far as administrators are concerned.
They, basically, don't give a hoot about "learning outcomes" because
neither do the students. Let's remember that few few people find need
to call upon their undergraduate experiences once they are out of
college. I include engineers in this broad generalization.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>