Re: A sick computer monitor

I was under the impression that only the main unit has
a Li battery, not the monitor. Will read the manual
before deciding that the big monitor used for 4 years is
not worth repairing; the initial cost of this AV unit was
close to 1k$. Thanks for the hint.
Ludwik Kowalski

The battery I referred to is the one on the mother board that keeps
track of the date and time when the computer is off. I'm not sure
what the connection is, but when that battery fails, you get no
picture at all. It's pretty scary if you've never experienced it
before, but both times I've had it happen, it was just that battery
and changing the battery fixed the monitor problem. It doesn't sound
like your problem has anything to do with the battery, though. I like
the diagnoses given by the others. They make more sense.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>