Re: A sick computer monitor

I was under the impression that only the main unit has
a Li battery, not the monitor. Will read the manual
before deciding that the big monitor used for 4 years is
not worth repairing; the initial cost of this AV unit was
close to 1k$. Thanks for the hint.
Ludwik Kowalski

Hugh Haskell wrote:

Dan MacIsaac commented:

I usually only get about 3yrs out of a good quality moniotor and that's
the typical warranty. Suspicious, no?

I have two large Apple monitors (one 17" and one 20") that I have had
for about 5 years each. The 20" was purchased reconditioned. both
have been working fine, with no apparent problems. I also have a 13"
monitor that I got 11 years ago. I haven't used it for a couple of
years now, but it was working fine when I retired it. The only
problem I have had with a monitor is an occasional battery failure,
which knocks out the picture completely, but that is a $10 repair
item. I also accidentally fried the monitor of an old Mac Plus once
(twisted it out of its socket as I recall--they don't work very well
after that). We replaced the CRT with one from an old Mac 512 that
had quit working, but the CRT was fine. It worked for two more years
before it was retired.

Hugh

--

Hugh Haskell