Re: In Minkovsky space, is there an instanton solution for Yang-Mills (or self-dual Yang-Mills) field Eq

Hi-
I don't quite understand the question, and I'm not an expert BUT
"instanton" is defined only in Euclidean space. In Yang-Mills you can
have an instanton if the time components of the potentials vanish, but
this would not seem to be a gauge-invariant quantity. See Weinberg's
books, chap 23.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>