Re: A sick computer monitor

I was going to say sounds like the pin cushion mags have moved, but they haven't been used for years. It's done electronically now. Furthermore, any mag. will disturb the beams WRT the shadow mask
and cause iridescence. I used to play with mags next to a TV screen until I permanently magnetized the mask. I had to get a hugh coil connected to the line to demagnetize it. Repeated use of the
TV's coil wouldn't do it.

bc

"Daniel L. MacIsaac" wrote:

Look for a magnet or magnetic object near your monitor. Maybe a fan or
something similar?

I usually only get about 3yrs out of a good quality moniotor and that's
the typical warranty. Suspicious, no?

Since yesterday my computer screen started to show some
sickness. Symptoms are described below. Do they look
familiar? I am using Mac-8500 with the AppleVision
screen, 21 inches. Mac OS8 is my operating system.
I would like to know what some of you have to say
before taking the unit to the authorized repair shop.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner