Re: Most experiments are performed in labs

in England (at Cambridge, at least) these exercises are not called
"labs"; they are called "practicals".

Leigh

and problems are exercises; review, revision.

That last one really got to me. Imagine being told by an undergrad
that he couldn't go to a movie because he had to rivise physics*!

On the other hand it bothered me much more to ride up to a sign
that admonished me not to ride my bicycle on the pavement.

Leigh

*In that case the undergraduate student was *not* Niels Bohr.