Re: Extra Credit

"Steven D. Richardson" wrote:

I think this is great for college and university instructors but as a high
school instructor, I could see myself getting torn apart for the differing
grading scale. What do other high school instructors think?

I was wondering about this. At the University of Winnipeg there is a
policy of the course outline being a contract between the professors and
the students. (Apparently this has been forced over a number of years
by students bringing their lawyers in to appeals.) If I want to so much
as change the date of a midterm after the first class I require signed
consent of every student. Extra credit assignments hasn't come up, but
I would expect there to be some troubles.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/