Re: Creative back-of-the-chapter physics problems

I found Leigh's recommended Pippard book as "Cavendish Problems in
Classical Physics" selling for $4.00 at http://www.powells.com. (Note:
Cavendish, not Cambridge.) By the way, I located this book and the one
described below by using a very sweet price comparison shopping engine at
http://www.bestbookbuys.com.

Another good source of unusual problems is "Thinking Like a Physicist:
Physics Problems for Undergraduates" by N. Thompson (ed.) and the good
people at England's University of Bristol, 1987, ISBN 0-85274-513-3. It
has a pretty number of questions (137), and, best of all, over two-thirds
of its 145 pages are devoted to solutions. I could never have afforded
this book without those solutions!

- Tucker