Re: Waves

I'll jump at this opportunity while we are talking about waves to ask about
a Macintosh shareware program that did inverse Fourier analysis (it never
mentioned it in those words, but you could add in the harmonics in whatever
proportions you chose and then play the sound and also see the waveform on
the screen). Like a rudimentary but flexible synthesizer with an o-scope
attached.

I really liked it for showing intro classes since it was a very simple
interface but really had the feature set I was looking for. However, it
quit working during one of the recent Mac OS version revs (like between OS
8.1 and 8.5 or something). If anyone is still using any Macs with OS 8.1
or less (or even one old enough that you can boot in 8.1), I'd be happy to
send you the program so you can see it. I recommend it. It is called
(appropriately enough) Harmonics.

Questions:

1) Any idea what would have broken the program in OS 8.5? Something with
the sound manager or what?

2) Does anyone know how to locate the author so he can update the program?
The program says he is Marco Carra and wrote software under the SlimyFrog
Software label, but he has moved and the old URLs don't work anymore. (A
search engine says "Slimyfrog Software is no longer in business. If you
need to contact us. you will still be able to reach us until 12/31/99
at slimy@slimyfrog.com
www.slimyfrog.com ".)

3) Could someone else fix it if I can't find Marco? Probably not without
source code, huh?

4) Are there other $30 Mac programs that do the same thing in case none of
the above works?

Thanks,
Larry Smith