Re: Warnings concerning products {:-)

At 21:54 6/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
In the roughly 45 years I've been drinking hot coffee, I've never spilled it
on me. Those who do spill it on them should bear the consequences of their
own carelessness.

Paul O. Johnson

Strange though it feels to be supporting the perverted state of American
jurisprudence, run as it is by American lawyers, I was pursuaded by a person
who mentioned that the McD's in question had received repeated complaints
from customers about the unusually hot coffee they were offering, but
persisted with the product.

Apparently the jury found that a prudent person would have responded to
repeated minor injuries to its customers caused by its products, but this
entity had not.

Some American companies, it seems, just have to be hit with the
metaphorical punitive 2X4 over the corporate brain pan, lacking any
inherent sense of what is right and what is wrong.

After all, it doesn't mention not scalding customers in the constitution,
does it? :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK