Bottles II

I had no intention of beginning a debate on the merits of dramatic,
pointless, potentially dangerous demonstrations. I assume we are all adults
with different views about what may or may not be appropriate in a class.
What I was looking for was some interesting speculation about what happens to
the plastic in the bottle during and immediately after the explosion. Why do
its properties appear to change? As I stated before, the plastic recovered
resembles plastic that has been heated and melted in a fire. What do you
think is going on?

A. Njaa
Chem/Physics