Re: Graphing Software

At 12:31 06 06 2000 , "Robert L. Fenstermacher" wrote:
We are looking to buy a more sophisticated graphing and analysis
software package for both student and faculty use in the department.
(We currently get by with Quattro Pro, Graphical Analysis, and Pasco's
Science Workshop software.) The two most recommended packages seem to
be SigmaPlot 2000 and Origin 6.0. Can anyone share their impressions of
these, or suggest other alternatives? Thanks.

This is a valuabkle question: could I please add the following:

1) What limitations are there in QP?

2) Is there a plotter which will do a "long" graph -- ie longer than QP or
the usual plotters. I am thinking of the old strip chart recorders and
perhaps banner paper. I am using an Epson Stylus Pro, but would consider a
new printer if there was a major advantage.

TX

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen